1. What are the steps involved in the volunteering process?
After filling out the application form on the website, individuals will be shortlisted and contacted for a group interview session. If selected, roles and departments will be assigned by the volunteer coordinator and communicated via email. Volunteers are then required to attend a training session. Once training is complete, the team leader will assign duties and the hard work (and fun) begins.
2. Will I get to choose my department?
The volunteers will be assigned departments on the basis of their interviews at the discretion of the organizers and this will not be changed unless required. Please note that certain volunteer roles are outside the main venue.
3. I have no past volunteering experience. Will this affect my application?
No, this will not affect your application. We recruit volunteers both with and without experience as long as you impress us with why you want to volunteer, any skills or attributes that would be beneficial and what you’re looking to gain from the experience.
4. Do I need specific qualifications?
There is no specific formal qualification required in order to volunteer. We are looking for highly motivated individuals who like working in a challenging and dynamic environment.
5. What is the age limit to apply?
Only applicants above the age of 18 will be accepted
6. Is there an application fee?
No, you just need to complete the online application form in order to apply.
7. Will I get a letter of appointment or a separate letter for my college authorities to show that I am volunteering for the YATRA?
No, the department/role confirmation email sent to you from Teamwork Arts will serve as a formal confirmation of your volunteer application. Please note that any requests to make exceptions on this account will not be entertained. The certificate provided after the completion of your volunteering period will be proof of the activity undertaken.
1. What are my working hours?
Volunteers will be required for the duration of the event from 8 am to 8 pm.
2. Can I attend sessions while volunteering?
Volunteering for Yatra is a full-time commitment. You must seek permission from your team leaders and volunteer coordinators if you want to watch a session. If your intent to volunteer is to attend sessions, we suggest that you attend the event as a member of the audience. Seats are not allocated for volunteers.
3. What is the period of commitment?
Volunteers will be required to attend a one-day training program.The event itself takes place over 4 days. In total, the commitment period will run for 5-6 days.
4. Is there a dress code?
Volunteers are expected to wear smart casual attire. The event ID/ badge must be worn by all volunteers at all times during their working hours. Ripped jeans, slippers, T-shirts with quotes, flashy colors will not be allowed. Practical shoes are a must as you will be on your feet. Volunteers should always be dressed in a presentable manner and maintain personal hygiene as they are the representatives of the event.
5. Can I take a break to meet my friends during the event?
No, we are sorry but you cant meet friends during your volunteering.
6. Can I take leave during the event?
It is mandatory for all volunteers to be present during the times/dates required. Hence, we advise volunteers not to take leave during the training and event.
7. What will I receive after the completion of my volunteer work?
You will receive a certificate of appreciation acknowledging your work. There is no financial remuneration for volunteers.
8. Can I smoke during my volunteer duty hours?
The venue is a no smoking zone and we do not encourage smoking or drinking during volunteering hours. The volunteer must be fully aware of his/her conduct at all times and should not indulge in any activity that could compromise the image of the event.
- Please note that if we meet our volunteer requirement we will cease accepting applications for positions.
- Only applicants over 18 years old will be accepted. Applicants that have not turned 18 on or before December 31, 2017, will NOT be considered.
- Please ensure the details you have entered are correct and read through the form thoroughly before submitting to avoid further confusions.
- A group interview will take place following the first round of selection. Shortlisted applicants will be requested to go through the YATRA plans and the work related to the departments they will be placed in.
- All key communication will be done via email. Applicants who fail to respond to emails/phone calls from organizers during the selection process and training will NOT be considered as shortlisted.
- Once selected, you will be asked to sign an undertaking.
- Lunch will be provided to all volunteers at the YATRA Event venue. Volunteers are advised to carry basic refreshments like biscuits and fruits from home.
- We would appreciate a 10 DAY NOTICE PERIOD if you wish to back out following selection.
- There is NO FINANCIAL REMUNERATION for volunteering although we will provide a certificate crediting you for your efforts.
- Volunteers will be expected to arrive on time at the venue.